Hygiene and Disinfection Programs
Tateshina Shinyu Onsen Hotel has been adopting exclusive sanitizing and disinfection programs.
The program is summed up by three parts:
【1】Hygiene management of facilities 【2】Prevent infection between people
【3】Hygiene management training
We enhance our existing methods and implement new protocols as the program. There are two aspects of the new protocol; one is avoiding the “Three Cs.” （Closed spaces with poor ventilation/ Crowded places with many people nearby/ Close-contact setting such as close-range conversations）; the other is about three principles of food poisoning prevention ( Do not allow pathogens to come in contact with food/ Do not leave pathogens to multiply/ Destroy all pathogens ) We will effort to improve our programs while executing, then achieving more upward level of hygiene and disinfection.
※This program is base on"Covid-19 guideline version 1" by all japan ryokan hotel association and "HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control point) system’s guidelines."by the ministry of health, labour and welfare.
- Consists by 3 aspects of hygiene management of facilities, prevent infection between people, and hygiene management training.
- About the hospital & health center, while in case of an emergency.
- The movie of hygiene management
- News of hygiene management
Consists by 3 aspects of hygiene management of facilities, prevent infection between people, and hygiene management training.
【1】Hygiene management of facilities
- Sanitizer dispensers installed at whole rooms and public spaces.
- Set acrylic partition boards for prevention of droplet infection. (all counters in public spaces)
- Disinfecting with ozone, after check-out and during midnight. (whole public spaces, kitchen)
- Humidifiers set up at whole public spaces and releasing hypochlorous acid mist by midnight. (entire public spaces)
- Fogging with disinfectant (rooms (after check-out), whole public spaces)
- High-Touch areas are increase cleaning frequency with alcohol.
- TV remotes and other goods will be lighted with UV.
- An anti-microbe mat laid in the entrance.
- We accept health inspections from external agencies.
- The whole hotel is non-smoking. A smoking room set according to laws.
Hygiene management of rooms ： 5 steps of sanitizing with alcohol and hypochlorous acid water.
Staff will wear masks and gloves while cleaning rooms.
(2)Disinfecting of alcohol & UV
Enhance High-Touch areas’ cleaning and disinfect with alcohol.（tables, sofas, telephone receivers, remotes, switches, handles, doorknobs, etc.）
(3)After washing in the high-temperature washer machine, glasses of rooms will be disinfecting again with hypochlorous acid water.
After washing in the high-temperature washer machine, glasses of rooms will be disinfecting again with hypochlorous acid water. After cleaned, each glass will be put into a sanitized bag and set out in places.
(4)Fogging with hypochlorous acid water
Disinfection with hypochlorous acid water for blunt virus and remove allergic substances.
(5)After sanitization, past sanitized stickers.
After sanitization, the room door will paste a sanitized sticker and only the room’s guest can be enreing.
Hygiene management of public areas: Cleaning, Disinfection, and Ventilate in frequency.
(1)Cleaning public spaces regularly
Increase the frequency of cleaning in public areas, since June.
(2)Disinfecting hypochlorous acid mist with humidifiers by midnight
Humidifiers set at dressing rooms, the lounge, the kitchen and other public spaces for releasing hypochlorous acid mist blunt virus and remove allergic substances.
(3)Disinfecting with ozone during midnight
While no guests were showing, the disinfecting with ozone will be function.
In order to suppress the increase of viruses and bacteria, public areas are ventilated regularly.
Hygiene management of public bath
For practise social distancing, onsen bathes only open for the guest who is accommodated in our hotel, and day trip onsen is closed for the time being. The amenities in dressing rooms (such as buckets and hairdryers,etc.) will be disinfected frequency. Onsen springs are disinfecting with chlorine.
Hygiene management of kitchen
Our food hygiene management is based on HACCP ( Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point ), and disinfection of all foods and goods is in required. Also, the disinfection of shoes and clothes is requested, while in and out of the kitchen.
※HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control point)CODEX was established by FAO and WHO,which develop HACCP for food hygiene management measures. We will take the HACCP’s measures for execution.
Hygiene management of private dining rooms
Full-course is provided at each dining room. Used spaces will be disinfected with hypochlorous acid water. Meanwhile, tables, handles and other detail places will be sanitized with alcohol.
Hygiene management of shuttle bus
Humidifiers mist with hypochlorous acid solution and dispensers with alcohol are set up in shuttle buses. For practice social distance, the capacity of passengers will be limited, seats will be assigned at intervals, etc.
【2】Prevent infection between people
- All staff are required to take and record the temperature every day.
- All staff are required to rinse their mouth, washing hands and sanitizing with alcohol in follow-through.
- All staff are required to take a stool test of Norovirus monthly. (Nov~Mar)
- All staff are required to receive influenza vaccine.
- All staff are required to wear masks.
- All staff are required to wear gloves while doing clean.
- All staff are required to wear gloves during serving meals.
- While having a meal, guests can require staff to wear face shields for serving meals.
- Full-course is provided at each private dining room.
- Guests can choose a lunch place according to their wishes.
- Before entering, all people will be required to take temperature and sanitize with alcohol.
- All guests will be inquired for their health condition during check-in.
- All guests will be required to wear masks when activating at common space.
- All guests are required to reduce talking in the elevator and public baths.
- Before to ride the shuttle bus, all guests will be required to sanitize with alcohol and wear a mask.
- The social distance of staff and guests will be secure.
- Hotel’s capacity will be limited down to 50%.
- All purchasing staff are required to wear masks and gloves.
- Pulse oximeters are available for lending. ※1
- ※1 Our staff can not be conclude the data.
【3】Hygiene management training
- The hygiene & disinfection program that we implement in 2020 for education training.
We take this program for tainning all staff from 2020, is base on “Covid-19 guideline version 1” by all japan ryokan hotel association and “HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control point) system’s guidelines.” by the ministry of health, labour and welfare.
- ATP test (Measure the number of germs on the surface of hands and fingers to visualize the cleanliness of hand washing.)
- Training of hand washing steps.
- Invite external agencies for hygiene management lecture.
- All staff of kitchen and meals’ servers are required to follow the hygiene management manual follow-through.
- Sanitizing Process of Cooking in 8 Steps.
Sanitizing Process of Cooking in 8 Steps
- Before working
- Hands washing and sanitizing
- Sanitizing of working shoes
- Disinfecting of utensils, countertop, fridges, etc.
- Foods’ testing and preservation
- Food will be test, record, and preserve in separate (to avoid cross-contamination)
- Quality, degree of freshness, packaging, temperature
- Pretreatment of foods
- Pay attention to uncontaminated works and prevents cross-contamination.
- After food materials were processed, cleaning and sanitizing fingers.
- Management of foods
- Vegetables & fruits: Washing in running water. If in necessary, it’ll be sanitized by hypochlorous acid solution, then washing by flowing water again.
- Seafood & meats: If in necessary, it’ll be dipped and sanitized by hypochlorous acid solution, then washing by flowing water again.
- Cleaning and sanitizing countertops and sinks.
- After cooking, foods' inner inside will be confirmed to reach the standard temperature of disinfection or not.
- Before working, cleaning and sanitizing fingers are required.
- Temperature and humidity of the kitchen will be recorded in a file and preserved properly. Ventilation is also implemented frequency in the kitchen.
- Set out
- Avoid touching food materials directly by hands.
- Cooked foods were preserved in suitable temperatures.
- Hygiene management of equipment
- Classify equipment according to each purpose, and set up dedicated utensils nearby.
- Temperature and humidity of facilities are recorded in a file, then properly preserved.
- Management of staff
- Health conditions and hygiene management of staff are recorded in a file, then properly preserved.
- The dressing is always keeping in clean was required. Also wearing the cooking uniform, the mask, hat, shoes were being requested.
- All staff are required to take a stool test → Depend on the test result and the situation of food hygiene management; the staff might be stop continuing work.
- Before working
- Set evaluating points for staff’s comprehension of the hygiene management.
About the hospital & health center,
while in case of an emergency.
Suwa Central Hospital / 15 mins drive
Address: 4300,Tamagawa, Chino, Nagano,391-8503, Japan.
Suwa Health Center